Friday, January 15, 2010

Poppin' the cherry

I will preface my first post with this statement: I am not a writer, nor do I aspire to be. I'm a girl with a dog. I've looked for good sites specifically for backpacking with dogs, but usually get directed to "pet-friendly hotels" and other such crap. I don't need a hotel. I have a Tacoma. 4X4, that is, which may come into play on some of my trips.

Basically, I want to share some of the places I've found that I've enjoyed with my dog, Quark, a pit-bull, german shepherd, border collie bundle of awesome:

I'm starting this blog, pre-dating a camera I have not yet bought. The next couple of posts will be a synopsis of a few of the trips I've taken in the last year, with minimal pictures, and only my memory to guide you there.

So, first a couple of things. Safety, courtesy and whatnot.

I've seen a lot of blogs that tell you how to backpack with your dog. Most of them say keep your dog on the leash when they are on trail. Unless your dog doesn't listen to you, at all, then please let fido run free. Most places I go are devoid of people and are designated wilderness or national forests. I only focus on places which allow dogs to be off leash.

Fling your dogs poop off the trail, please.

KNOW YOUR DOGS LIMITS. 'nuff said.



No comments:

Post a Comment